Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Tight Fit

Fitting the Hawk was tricky. The damn thing is so tight on CPU that I had to look at lower CPU versions of every single module. Totally forgot about light missiles, but persisted with T2 rocket launchers. The rest of the fit got more and more expensive as I kept switching to lower and lower CPU versions.

Using the compare tool to look for lower CPU version of modules.
Looking at lower CPU versions of modules, using the Compare tool.

The eventual fit. The salvager in the high slot is offline.
The strategy was straightforward; use the lower slots and rigs for damage mods, and the mid-slots for tanking and propulsion. The ship has bonuses to microwarpdrives (MWD). The fit would have been much easier with an afterburner, but I've decided to try the MWD first, and possibly switch later. There is also a bonus to shield boosting, thus I've added a boost amplifier. 

As soon as I put a second launcher rig, the CPU became inadequate, thus finally I've gone with a T2 launcher damage rig, along with an agility rig, as I could not think of anything else. Was forced to add Caldari Navy ballistic control systems in the low slots as they use 24 CPU compared to 40 used by BCS IIs.

The fit is nowhere near cap stable, but the idea is to possibly keep the invulnerability field on, and use the booster and MWD sparingly, when needed. Have gone with an omni taank, using a passive EM shield resistance amplifier. 

I was about to set off on autopilot for the epic arc starting system, when I suddenly realized that the ship is after all a  (pimped) frigate, and easily gankable. Have thus decided to pilot it manually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment